115th Diamond Rules

The happenings and goings-on out back in the home of the Duel of Fists.

Moderator: Staff

Delahada
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Deputy Director of Dickery

115th Diamond Rules

Post by Delahada »

I wasn’t going to make any rules, but then I changed my mind because I earned the right as the 115th Diamond Delahada. They’re more like guidelines, though, because I’m not going to bother enforcing them much. Except maybe number two, and if you show me a receipt I will pay you for a couple other ones. Follow them, or don’t, until someone else wins the best rock.

Rule #1 : The Autumn is in control for the rest of the year, whether you like it or not. Keep every match spooky by declaring “Skulls and Horror!”

Rule #2 : Do not step on Armando. If you hurt him, Eden will cry, and then I’ll have to hurt you.

Rule #3 : Don’t be a coward. Come out and fight me. Beat me ten times to win a shiny badge and a bag full of money.*

Rule #4 : Don’t be lazy, get out to fight. If you see any Opals being lazy, challenge them. I’ll even pay you.

Rule #5 : The best ring is the Pit. Don’t be a wuss about the weevils. Get in there, get dirty, and win.*

Rule #6 : Drink whatever you want; I don’t care. But pay for it yourself. I only pay people to fight or work for me.

Rule #7 : Beat someone by avoiding everything they throw at you like the ultimate badass you think you are and I’ll give you a lot of money.*

Rule #8 : Don’t trash the place or set it on fire. There’s been enough of that.

Rule #9: There will be no rule number 10, because odd numbers are best. That's it.

(( Rules ending in an asterisk consist of duel requirements for which you can earn an achievement! These ones specifically: Excavator, Weevils, Why Wevils?, and Wall of Strength. I will be out in the dueling venues as often as possible, Sunday-Friday 8-10 and as late as I can stay awake on Saturdays, to help anyone trying to earn these, or any other DoF specific achievements. No, you do not have to beat me specifically ten times to earn the Excavator badge; beating past Diamonds counts toward that goal, but if you haven't beaten any yet this is a good time to start! Additionally, I have a lot of forum money, and will award 10K each to anyone who earns the Excavator and/or Wall of Strength achievements, as well as 5K each to anyone who participates in an Opal challenge as a fighter, during my reign as Diamond. Come on out, duel and have fun! ))
Delahada
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Dueler Appreciation & You!

Post by Delahada »

It's Dueler Appreciation Week and the Diamond wants you to duel!
Therefore, Salvador Delahada also declares it to be...
Starting tonight, Sunday, November 12th and running until the end of regulation dueling hours after Saturday, November 18th, Diamond Delahada is calling all the Opals to arms and encouraging them to get out to duel. Extra bonus points for being out in force on DoF's designated TwinWin night, Wednesday, November 15th!

"What's that?" you say! "Points? What do you mean by points?" Why yes indeed, you can earn you some, and the pugilist with the most profound point spread could win a prize! 2nd and 3rd place finishers will win something, too. "What sort of prizes?" you wonder! That remains to be seen. Don't you just love a good mystery? But here are some ways you can earn points to win cool prizes!
  • Show up for and participate in the DoF Fall All-Ranks Tournament (2 points)
  • WIN the DoF Fall All-Ranks Tournament (5 points)
  • As an Opal, be present and open to duel any night of Dueler Appreciation Week (1 point)
  • Complete a duel against any Opal on any night of Dueler Appreciation Week (1 point}
  • WIN a duel against an Opal on any night of Dueler Appreciation Week (3 points)
  • Duel against the Diamond on any night of Dueler Appreciation Week (2 points)
  • WIN a duel against the Diamond on any night of Dueler Appreciation Week (5 points)
  • Duel against EVERY Opal during Dueler Appreciation Week (5 points)
  • WIN a duel against EVERY Opal during Dueler Appreciation Week (10 points!)
  • BONUS! Log any of the above criteria on DoFs TwinWin Night for DOUBLE the points!
Do you have what it takes to fight, fight, fight and win big? Stay tuned for updates about just what might be in store for you should your name make it to the top of the list by the end of the week! No documentation required, but it does help!

Master Miners
Droet the Bold - 17
Koyliak VanDuran-Simon - 10
Matt Simon - 7
Dakota Street - 7
Gatito Lindo - 6
Hope Naharis - 4
Nero Zhir - 4
Rachael Blackthorne - 4
Myth "Blue" Ascend - 3
Stitch - 3
Doran Ilnaren - 2
Hailey Winters - 2
Jaycy - 2
Rekah Illyriana - 2
Runt - 2
Kruger Allen - 1
Mary - 1
Yuzuki Ito - 1

Cool Prizes
SEE BELOW!

(( Participation in this mini-event makes you eligible for a number of DoF specific Achievements! Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity! Please help me out by posting your duel results with the date of completion to this thread below. Thank you and have fun! ))
Last edited by Delahada on Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Delahada
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Excavation Mid-Week Update

Post by Delahada »

There are only three more nights to duel for Dueler Appreciation Week! The rings have been busy the past few days! That's what the Diamond likes to see, and he's been watching. All of the Opals showed up at some point to make themselves available to duel! Some of you took them up on the opportunity, and kicked the Diamond around too! A few people have signed up for the Fall All-Ranks Tournament, and the following duels qualify for points!

11/12
FINAL: Delahada def. Rekah Illyriana, 5 - 4 in 9 rounds. - dof
FINAL: Delahada def. Partly Cloudy, 5 - 1 in 8 rounds. - dof
FINAL: Hope def. Kruger, 5 - 2 in 9 rounds. - dof

11/13
FINAL: Dakota Street def. Delahada, 5 - 4 in 11 rounds. - dof

11/15
FINAL: Droet the Bold def. Delahada, 5 - 0 in 5 rounds. - dof
FINAL: Delahada def. Rachael Blackthorne, 5 - 0 in 6 rounds. - dof
FINAL: Droet the Bold def. Hailey Winters, 5 - 2 in 8 rounds. - dof
FINAL: Delahada def. Partly Cloudy, 5 - 3 in 9 rounds. - dof
FINAL: Koyliak def. Nero Zhir, 6 - 5 in 11 rounds. - dof

Based on the above criteria, this is where we stand. The list above has been updated with a condensed version of the one below.
  • Droet - 17 points - 3 for being present and available to duel 2x this week (once on TW night), 4 for dueling the Diamond on TW night, and 10 for defeating the Diamond on TW night
  • Koy - 10 points, 2 for an Opal being present on TW night, 2 for dueling another Opal on TW night, and 6 for beating the other Opal on TW night
  • Dakota - 7 points, dueled and beat the Diamond
  • Gatito - 6 points, dueled the Diamond 2x (once on TW night).
  • Hope - 4 points, dueled and beat an Opal
  • Nero - 4 points, available to duel on TW night and dueled another Opal
  • Rachael - 4 points, dueled the Diamond on Twin Win night.
  • Hailey - 2 points for dueling an Opal on Twin Win night.
  • Jaycy - 2 points for being present and available to duel on Twin Win night.
  • Rekah - 2 points, dueled the Diamond
  • Kruger - 1 point for being present and available to duel 1x this week.
  • Mary - 1 point for signing up for ART
  • Myth - 1 point for signing up for ART
  • Stitch - 1 point for signing up for ART
Delahada
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Excavation End of Week Tally

Post by Delahada »

Opal Excavation Week has come to an end, mostly. Diamond Delahada will no longer be tracking regulation duels, but the Fall All-Ranks Tournament has yet to conclude. The fate of the third place prize hangs in the balance! There are BIG PRIZES awaiting distribution, generously provided by the Duel of Fists Coordinator Nero Zhir (thank you)! Our top four winners will not be decided until the completion of the upcoming tournament being held on Saturday, November 25th! If the Fistmelda's Tusk isn't incentive enough, maybe we can entice you with one of these four cool prizes!

Currently in the lead are Opal holders Droet the Bold of 2022 IFL Championship Team Deathcake and the masochistic fashionista with the best taste in deadly footwear Koyliak VanDuran-Simon of Team Fist! Congratulations on kicking ass and taking names! Please notify the Diamond of your top choice prize at your earliest convenience. Final distribution will take place next week, after the conclusion of the DoF ART.

There were only a small few more duels since the scores were last tallied, and the ones that qualified are as follows.

11/16
FINAL: Koyliak def. Yuzuki Kuwabara, 5 - 4 in 10 rounds. - dof

11/17
FINAL: Delahada def. Runt, 5 - 4 in 9 rounds. - dof

11/18
FINAL: Delahada def. Doran Ilnaren, 5 - 4 in 15 rounds. - dof

Based on the above criteria, the following additions have been updated on the list of Master Miners.
  • Doran - 2 points, dueled the Diamond
  • Runt - 2 points, dueled the Diamond
  • Yuzu - 1 point for dueling an Opal
It's not too late to see your name on the list! All you have to do is sign up for and participate in the upcoming All-Ranks Tournament, and you, too, could walk away with one of the above super cool prizes in addition to the glory of being the tournament champion! But that's not all! The Rock Hards' teen dreamboat Doran Ilnaren walked away last night with a sneak peek prize, and everyone who participated in this event will be receiving something just like it!

As a token of his appreciation and a special thanks to everyone who came out to duel Fists during Dueler Appreciation Week, Diamond Delahada has commissioned the design and printing of some limited edition t-shirts! Stop by the Outback to pick up yours today!

Some duelists will be receiving more than one t-shirt where applicable. All shirts have been sized appropriately, including an extra super duper large "I dueled the Diamond" t-shirt special ordered just for Runt. Thank you for your participation!

(( Special thanks to DoF Coordinator Nero Zhir for coming up with the images and descriptions for these super cool and fun prizes, and to the DoF Team in general for approving of my special mini-event! Additional thanks to everyone who came out to duel! I hope you had as much fun as I did! ))
Delahada
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Re: 115th Diamond Rules

Post by Delahada »

My reign as Diamond has nearly come to an end! Unless I manage to Shine On this Saturday. The current competition is slim but formidable. Chances are I'll be handing this weird black rock over to someone else. Before then, I owe you all some updates. Let's start with Rule #4.

Delahada wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 5:47 pmRule #4 : Don’t be lazy, get out to fight. If you see any Opals being lazy, challenge them. I’ll even pay you.
  • For taking part in a challenge for the Opal of PathFinder, Rachael Blackthorne and Droet the Bold have both been awarded 5,000 Silver Nobles each.
  • For taking part in a challenge for the Opal of ShadoWeaver, Stitch and Kruger "The Anvil" Allen have both been awarded 5,000 Silver Nobles each.
  • For taking part in a challenge for the Opal MoonBeryl, Matt Simon and Jaycy have both been awarded 5,000 Silver Nobles each.
  • And though the challenge for the Opal FireStar has yet to be completed, I am also awarding Kruger "The Anvil" Allen and Nero Zhir both 5,000 Silver Nobles each.
Yes, that's right. Kruger gets paid twice.

Delahada wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 5:47 pm Rule #5 : The best ring is the Pit. Don’t be a wuss about the weevils. Get in there, get dirty, and win.*
Don't think I didn't notice some of you giving The Pit the love and attention it deserves. For those few four of you who braved the weevils, I've special ordered this souvenir for you to take home with you to treasure for all time. These are for Stitch, Kruger, Nero, and beautiful Koy. Your sacrifices were not in vain. Pick up your very own Plush Weevil in the Outback at your earliest convenience.

Delahada wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 12:45 pm Show up for and participate in the DoF Fall All-Ranks Tournament (2 points)
WIN the DoF Fall All-Ranks Tournament (5 points)
Matt, Myth, and Stitch all showed up and fought in the last All Ranks Tournament. This gives all of them two (2) more points than everyone else on my Opal Excavation list. Since Matt also won the whole thing, he gets another five (5)! The original list has been updated to account for these additions.

That means the big winners are Droet, Koy, Matt, and Dakota. Congratulations! Thanks for not being lazy and getting out there to fight in the rings! As the number one duelist during my reign, Droet has already chosen his prize. The Looking Glass is now in his possession. That leaves three more prizes to choose from, with thanks again to Nero Zhir for providing these to the community. Please feel free to leave notice of your choices here, or contact the Outback offices, or me.

Thank you to everyone who participated, knowingly or not, in Opal Excavation Week! Don't forget to pick up your t-shirts. See you at Diamond Quest CXVI! Can you stop me from shining on?
Last edited by Delahada on Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dakota Street
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Dakota Street »

Yo gimme those gauntlets!

Please and thank you.

DS (that's me, Dakota)
Delahada
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by Delahada »

Congratulations, Dakota, on your very own pair of Phoenix Gauntlets!

Koy has also claimed the Punch Buddy!

Which means Matt gets the Red Dragon Coffer!

Everybody enjoy!
Delahada
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer

Post by Delahada »

One more for Rule #4!
Delahada wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 5:47 pm Rule #4 : Don’t be lazy, get out to fight. If you see any Opals being lazy, challenge them. I’ll even pay you.
  • The challenge for the Opal ShadoWeaver has yet to be completed, but Mira Burke and Stitch both get 5,000 Silver Nobles Each.

Return to “The Outback”