~*~Flickers of Life~*~

The battle of light and dark over one's heart and soul...and how she overcame it!

Moderators: Dracos, Illusia, Cory

Illusia
Adventurer
Adventurer

~*~Flickers of Life~*~

Post by Illusia »

((Please keep in mind, I've held this series of posts for some time...why I didn't post it when she became Keeper again is beyond me, my apologies it comes now in her time of Challenge. But! Better late than never!))

October 17, 2004

Their match had just come to an end and she cradled the brass key in the palm of her hands as emerald eyes flickered to a life known before to her as she gazed down towards the key...it seemed to heat and come to life within her grasp...as if it were meant for her...she closed her eyes momentarily as she heard the cheerings around the ring for her as she sighed deeply and let out a long held breath. She thought briefly of the one man that still haunted her thoughts in the most quiet of moments...The first Keeper of Fire...the man shrouded in more mysteries than she herself. A slight shake of her head as she let emerald eyes flicker open to the here and now, she smiled warmly and offered a wave to the gathered and stepped from the ring and towards the open arms of her husband, nestling her head in the crook of his shoulder as she sighed deeply and slipped the chain over her head and tucked the key beneath her gown...

A few hours later...

Tiny footsteps brought her to the center of the Isle, she glanced around as she sighed deeply, so many nights had she come here in the past to seek the solace and the calm that the Isle herself had to offer one in such deep sorrows and here she was again...but this time for other reasons than that of sorrow or solace. She was here to re-claim her rightful place...to re-awaken the dormant powers of the Tower of Fire. Joshua had sent word that he had already pre-packed and moved his things and she had quietly laughed at the thought. Emerald eyes glittered as she turned towards the already quietly churning lake of lava, a smile turning her lips as she nodded and her words were carried on the soft breeze of Twilight.

"I 'ave returned ta ye...I 'ave returned as I 'ave always in tha past an shall nae e'er leave...nae e'er 'gain. Ye've taught m' tha' this is m' 'ome...an 'ere I shall stay."

Slow, yet sure steps drew her closer to the intense heat that the lake put off as one of the many defense mechanisms, she stopped at the very edge of the lake, a grin turning her lips as she made a slight movement with her left hand and the lava parted to allow her passage. The woman did not flinch, did not even blink at the astounding radiance of heat around her, instead she welcomed it and let fingertips trickle inside the blazing lava as she reached the edge of the volacano. She chanted softly, and to any onlooker that might be watching, if unknown were her powers, one might think her crazed or bewitched, for as she walked around the large base of the volcano, the lava parted and shifted and moved with her as she was familiarizing herself with the Tower and her powers and it's as well. Fingertips caressing the warmth of the volcano as she circled it and she stopped suddenly as cooler metal fell beneath her fingertips as she reached the beginnings of the large brass doors, she smiled and withdrew her fingertips and instead would use the power of thought, as she brought the lava back to it's guarding state and stairs of living fire appeared at the doorway, rising beneath her feet and lifting her to the keyhole and handle of the door.

The key pulsed and vibrated quietly against the breast bone of the women, emanating a soft, yet fiery red glow and she carefully removed the chain from around her neck and cradled the key in her hands, the opal dancing with life as she slowly let the key enter the keyhole, a soft series of clicks and groans and the door was slowly parting to allow the woman, the long awaited re-entrance within the Tower...
Last edited by Illusia on Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Illusia
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Illusia »

October 17, 2004

"Welcome back Keeper."

It was softly echoed as she stood there, not moving for the brief moments as she felt the rush of air from within the Tower...thoughts racing through her mind and her heart as she looked through the six inch gap that had been provided for her own perusal...a deep drawn in breath as she gently pushed the door open further and stepped inside, the door quietly closed and the series of clicks again were heard in the background.

She stood in the foyer, emerald eyes taking in the vast scene before her as she saw a few of the elementals scattering about to make ready the Tower for her. She smiled as she turned slightly to peruse the portraits of the Keepers of the Tower, from start to the current and what she saw, froze the woman in her place and fire and ice seemed to run it's course through her veins. There he was...almost as if time had frozen him to perfection..."Syous of Mystara"...the name read beneath the portrait, and something drew her to step closer as she ran her fingertips gently over the oil painting and she hissed the words softly as she smiled...

"Our paths were destined ta cross once 'gain m'friend."

Emerald eyes lingered for quite some time on that single portrait before she tore her gaze away, a single teardrop falling and splashing on the marbled floor of the Tower, she perused the rest in turn...and the next portrait as well chilled her to the bone, but this in a different fashion..."The Phantom Kerrazy," was the name scrawled at the bottom of this portrait and she sighed and shook her head as she spoke softly.

"A pity in passin', yet a blessin'."

She laughed as she let emerald eyes fall on the next, "Johnathan Ecorian "Cory" Havoick," his goofy smile always warmed her heart, he had picked up the pieces of her shattered life one to many times, and now...now they had grown distant from one another, though time would do that to siblings.

"Sometime's we seemed e'en more bonded than blood itself, brother."

"Harris D'Artainian, Illusia Marcine, Horatio MacBeth, Mur the Sage, Tellius, Joshua Skinner...and Illusia Drasoini."

She spoke the names softly as she walked down the hall, each Keeper, all of which she had taken time to gaze upon, each and every Keeper that had added his or her own touches to the Tower, many had reigned after her and there was much for her to explore within the Tower and she was anxious now as she had familiarized herself once again with the Tower and it's powers, and she had remembered memories she had grown strong enough to let go...a light laugh and then she took another deep breath as she gazed around the gathering room of the Tower and she took off racing and laughing, up the spiraling staircase to the Keeper's Chambers and the grandest balcony...thoughts racing through her mind once again as she sought out the view...
Illusia
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Illusia »

October 25, 2004

She cradled the cup of hot tea in her hands as she walked through the halls of the Tower, a smile on her face as she noted that much progress had been achieved in just the week or so that she had been granted the acceptance back. She had decided to shift things a bit in the Tower and add a library, open up the kitchen more and as well make the Keeper's Chambers a bit bigger and change the drapes and...and...She laughed softly as she began to slowly climb the spiral stairs to the Keeper's Chambers and balcony held therein.

The breeze was crisp and gentle as she eased herself down onto the couch that had been moved from her own home to the Tower for her personal use, she curled up as best she could, overlooking the lake of lava and the view of the Isle when she felt his presence...

"It has been some time Keeper. We have missed your presence within. Many came after you...Each brought with them their own ideas, and their own hearts, but yours was one that left an impression upon us. I can tell that your soul seems to be at peace, yet when you first came back here...Your soul seemed troubled. I can tell that you have grown much in our time apart Keeper. So then you know that I must inquire, why were you troubled when you returned to us? What has changed you so?"

She smiled as she moved not her gaze from the spanse of the Isle as the being spoke to her. She smiled and laughed softly as it spoke to her, as she thought briefly over which Keeper would have brought what, and the difference in nature to each Keeper and nodded. A sip of her tea, slow in her answer as she spoke to what seemed to be the distance spanned between her and the Isle.

"Aye, much time indeed 'as passed, though it seems, ye've faired well in m'absence. Tis good ta know I am still welcomed wit'in tha walls. As fer a troubled soul..."

She sighed softly and shook her head.

"Troubled I would say nae, but per'aps it tis though nae as much as times passed m'friend. Seein' tha portrait o' tha first, brought back mana a memories fer m'...Some pleasant, yet some nae so. Though wit' strength an love...fergiveness an freedom I've been able to let go m'friend, an move on...I've since fallen in love an married m'friend, though I would 'ave assumed ye'd 'ave 'eard o' such, nae?"

"Yes, yes I did indeed."

A quiet rumble of laughter echoed from a place behind the woman.

"Not much goes on within the Planes without all of our knowledge Keeper. But this elemental, does he...does he tend well to you?"

"Aye, 'e does indeed...moreso than one could e'er imagine. I am quite 'appy an quite settled m'friend, there are nae worries there."

She shifted slightly on the couch, another sip of tea as she idly rubbed at the soft swell in her stomach.

"That is good Keeper, I have worried over you, but without the bond of the key, there was little that I could do. I did not wish to overstep that which we are meant for here within the balance of the Isle. I am sure that you can understand such."

There was a rustle of movement behind her and a warmth consumed the swell in her stomach, a sensation of a warm tickle and she watched with eyes that saw...filled with love and laughter...a light heart and a scarred soul, yet a settled one finally. Another rumble of laughter and the extra-added warmth receded and returned from whence it had came.

"The child within is strong Keeper."

"Aye, I understan' an I thank ye fer yer kind words. Aye, 'e is m'friend. Bonded as we are, 'e should be nae a thin' less."

"And I would expect nothing less. It is time for your lessons, do you have the strength?"

Light laughter as she finished the last of her tea, flames already flickering at her fingertips as a mischevious grin was offered to the casting shadows behind her...

"Tarinos, ye should know tha' I was born wit' enough strength ta fen' off an Empire e'en on m'worst day."

"True enough Keeper, true enough. Then let us not waste any more time with chatter."
Last edited by Illusia on Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Illusia
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Illusia »

November 03, 2004

She stretched languidly onto the couch as she overlooked the view that the balcony offered her...smiling down towards the Isle as she sighed softly. Emerald eyes were clouded with worry and wonder as she had been told a number of different things from Tarinos that did not bode well within her. There are some that would seek to taint the Towers to their own wants and needs, and that was not what the Towers were meant for in their creation. Another sigh parted the woman's lips as she overlooked the lake of lava beneath her...

"So much time, an so mana changes...'ow is one ta keep up wit' it all alone?"

She was speaking moreso to herself than any of the elementals that scurried around her. She rose from the couch and moved to the railing of the balcony, palms flat against the coolness of the marbled rail she shook her head. There had been so much to take in from the news that Tarinos had brought to her. So much in fact, for once the woman knew not if she was the one to handle matters of such...such importance. A shake of her head as she ran her hand through her darkened locks, twirling a strand between her fingers as she bit her bottom lip in deep thought...And then she felt it...It was unmistakable as she smiled to herself, letting her head loll back a bit as she let the warmth encompass her body.

She began to feel like she was flying, soaring up and above the Isle herself...and all that she held. The five Towers glittered and gleamed beneath her path as she let the feeling overtake her, closing her eyes and letting "Them" guide her in this vision...

She saw flashes of past events relived in a blur of colors...Heard the voices that have long since been gone from the Isle. Felt the emotions that she had long since abandoned for many winters. She outstretched her arms as if to welcome a child to her breast as she stood in wait of what the message was to this vision and then the sense of falling...falling and crashing down coursed through her body as she hit the sands in this "ethreal" vision. She groaned inwardly as she felt the minute pains of the crash and she stood within the vision and glanced around, quite chilled to the bone and the odd sense that "something or someone" was watching her...Or was "it" watching the Isle herself...Something was not right here and what frightened the woman the most was that she did not know what was not right. It was the foreboding sense of doom...impending doom that was to come and then suddenly it was gone as quick as it had come and she was whisked away to another place upon the sands where her blood still stained the white sands of the Isle.

The sense of loss and heartache pulsed through her as she groaned once again...Biting her lip so hard that it bled slightly and she tried to turn away from the ghostly vision of the two bodies standing there...She remembered...It was all to real for her as she whispered softly...

"I beg o' ye, stop this...stop this now, 'ave I nae o'ercome all o' this 'ence?"

"Patience Keeper, patience."

And that was all that was said to her before she hit the cool marble of the balcony...
Last edited by Illusia on Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Illusia
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Illusia »

November 19, 2004

She paced the marbled floor of the library that she had had the elementals build in her second reign as she shook her head back and forth. This was disturbing news as it were, but the fact that it were possible the Towers and their Keepers were in danger of this "other being" were beyond her. She knew of the dangers...and they phased her not, for the Isle was her home...and in that she would protect it and all that were a part of it with all that she was, there was no denying that in the least.

"'ow tis it possible tha' tha barriers were broken? 'ow was 'e able ta enter tha Tower? 'ow is tha' possible? Only tha Keepers were able ta do such, least twas ta m'understandin' in tha matters, yet 'ere it stan's tha' 'e was able ta breach them...Is she weakenin' tha' much, tell m'...Is she?"

Her voice was pained, her mannerisms were quite distraught...She had her own safety to worry about with the Ekralan's and her twin making vain attempts at her, the child she carried in her womb...Her husband...her kingdom and now this. But she knew about this, for it was one of the first things that she had been welcomed home to when she had returned was the attempts of this "undeniable force" that was threatening all that she had come to love in the last few years. She clenched her fists so tightly that her knuckles paled considerably as she gazed at the two that sat on their respectable seats within the library.

"Tis impossible! It cannae be such. Tell m'! Tell m' now tha' tis nae so!"

She was vain in her attempts as both beings looked to the marbled floor of the library as she picked up a nearby lamp and threw it with a hate that lived in her blood as it shattered against the far wall and then fell harmlessly to the floor.

"We can be certain of nothing yet Keeper. Our apologies."

"Apologies? Apologies? Ye thin's tha' shall settle m' nerves...Ye thin's tha' shall ease tha worry tha' ebbs in m'veins? 'ardly."

The woman scoffed as she finally turned to look at the two, her hands resting on her hips as she shook her head.

"We must set up more surveillance then...Nae matter tha cost er inconvience, I want e'ery corner, e'ery graniule o' san' ta be watched o'er. Leave nae a thin' unguarded tha' steps upon these verra san's. Know this, iffin ye disobeys m'comman's, iffin ye slacks off, I shall 'ave yer verra souls in m'grasp."

Her auras shifted and shadows danced around the woman, the power and fierceness with which she spoke tonight, reminded them exactly of just "who" this woman was that stood before them. There was a reason that the Tower had called her back, a reason the Isle herself had beckoned her back to her waiting arms...

"I will see to it that every available body is put to work Keeper, you can be assured of this."

---------------------------------------

A few hours later as she was leaving the Tower, she stood at the very edge of the lake of lava that surrounded the Tower, a quiet word said as she hoped that they would keep their promise and that her Tower...would never be prone to tainting...would never be the target of some...evil doings or tainted thoughts, and in this she could only hope.
Illusia
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Illusia »

November 30, 2004

"There is so much yet for you to go through young one, in your state are you sure you wish to pursue your destiny?"

She paced the library floors, her hands clasped behind her back, her hood drew shadows that played about her delicate features and within hid the worrisome twist to her features, yet her voice as she spoke was as strong as the queen that she was.

"I 'ave faced nae save 'ardships since tha day I was let from tha womb, wha' would brin' ye ta believe I cannae stan' m' groun' e'en now?"

Dark emerald eyes turned harshly towards the darkest part of the library that stood within the heart of the Tower of Fire, she tilted her head slightly towards the shadows as she awaited his response.

"My lady pardon my boldness, but at your weakest state you were still at your strongest, yet now as I gaze upon thee...I sense a turmoil being faught again within you that unsettles one's nerves."

Within the shadows there was slight movement and a soft hiss as he adjusted within the confines of the shadows, and all the woman could ever "see" of him were the deep red of the glitter of his eyes and she looked away from him as she sighed softly.

"Believe m' when I tell ye tha' I am nae weaker now tha' I am wit' child. Per'aps I am nae as attune as I am when I am nae, but tis beyon' tha point. I 'ave endeavore' nae save 'ardships since tha day I was brought ta tha lan's an I am sure tha' shall nae e'er change. E'en in love an 'appiness tis burdene' wit' 'ardships."

"You're words are true my lady. Forgive me for doubting in you. Should not the others have arrived already?"

She stopped suddenly as she looked towards the darkened corner as her eyes alit with an odd light.

"Aye, they shoul' 'ave arrive' shortly after ye di'. I've nae recieve' wor' 'ence tha' they were unable ta atten' tha meetin' an nae 'ave I recieve' wor' o' their entrance either."

The shadows shifted erradictally and she knew that he had left to seek out the "others" as his worry as well as hers played havoc and so she pulled from the many scrolls and tomes upon the walls and sat and began to read. Willing her mind away from the worst as she passed the time until he returned back with his report.

------------------------

Perhaps the lapse of an hour had passed and the woman had since fallen sound asleep on the couch, the scroll laid across her belly as she breathed softly. She started then at the voices and shift of movement around her as she moved to compose herself quickly, a brilliant smile offered as she stood from the couch. She motioned each to a seat as she began without hindrance.

"It 'as been brought ta m' attention in m' return tha' there seems ta be mana a misgi'in's acrost tha Isle as o' late. I am 'ere ta offer wha' one might deem a temporary truce..."

There was a stirring amongst the gathered as it seemed they were for the most part uncomfortable around one another. It had been many years since they were all gathered as such and only she could bring them together once again and she did not give them much time to object or ponder this idea as she pressed on.

"Fer years ye all 'ave faught one another, tis a thin' tha' cannae be 'elped as tis formerly written in our fates. But I ask ye 'ere an now ta come ta a moment o' truce fer our powers must be united iffin we are ta o'ercome this great disturbance upon tha san's an elsewhere, nae ye see tha same light?"

As strong and proud emerald eyes glittered and met each and every set of eyes within the library, she noted the silence and the slight, yet hesitant nods of the gathered.

"I cannae do this alone...er per'aps I can, but I choose ta draw on tha powers I know each o' ye can offer as well. Though I 'old witin m'self all tha powers ye've individually come ta offer, our joine' forces shall o'ercome ana an all tha' shall stan' in our way ta oppose tha' which I fight fer. In severance I shall offer ye each one million gold pieces fer yer cooperation, but know this...I shall take back tha' which I speak iffin there are ana shadowe' dealin's wit'in ta strike upon each while we are bonde' as such. Is this understoo'?"

More nodding from around the room.

"I shall also offer ye each m' aide in yer times o' nee' iffin I see it fit, fer tha bon' o' tha Marcine an Drasoini's is a powerful one ta match. O' this ye all are already aware as I know there 'ave been such attempts ta o'erthrow m' current bon'. Now then, ta more pressin' matters at 'and since I've yer full attention."

The woman continued to speak of the plans she had discussed earlier with Tarinos, so to him this came as no surprise. She set out a map before the gathered and pinpointed where she wished of extra eyes so to speak and where she wished guards. None of them were to ever be seen in their stature, of this she was adamant. She wished their aide and their cooperation, their protection as well as their eyes to protect those that inhabited her home. They discussed and modified the plans slightly well into the wee hours of the next morn, until the woman could keep her eyes open no longer and each went their separate ways to report back on the occasion of any misgivings.

Tarinos carefully carried the Keeper to her Chambers and tucked her into sleep with the softest of words overhead...

"You have surpassed all that we could ever have wished for Keeper."
Last edited by Illusia on Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Illusia
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Illusia »

December 10, 2004

She was soaking in the well spacious marbled bathtub, the water heated to her likings as she leaned her head back and the feeling overtook her once again. A soft grunt was audible from the woman, perhaps a slight protest as she was in the bathtub and the last had left her passed out on the balcony...but she did not have control over these visions she was gifted from the Tower, she could only succumb to them when they arrived...

"Harlot!"

"Homewrecker!"

"Whore!"

"Charlatan!"

She thrashed violently within the waters of the bath as she relived these painful flashes of her past, but could do little to stop them. Whimpering softly she could only hope the message was soon to be revealed to her.

"I promise you Illusia, I will wait for your return."

The waters threatened to splash over the edge of the tub.

"Let the shadows take you dark one, you've nothing left. Look at what they have done to you. They have weakened you. Broken you. Nothing but lies and fabled fantasies dark one. You are all but ours as it is. Let us come to you, we can give you what they can only offer...You know our words are true, do not fight the cold any longer my child for in our arms, you will find freedom."

The water around the woman within the tubble began to boil and bubble violently as she thrashed about.

"Illusia?"

She could hear the faint call, was it within the vision? Or was it within the Tower now...She could do nothing, the vision held her so tightly...It was as if she were walking the shadowed path once again. She instinctively bit her lip as it bled into the waters around her staining them crimson as she stilled in the waters as the visions began to change.

--------------------------------

She was standing down the Isle with him as they watched the scene unfold before them once again...the two bodies so close together one could almost see the fires and emotions rage between them...a battle that had never ended.

"Why are ye makin' m' relieve this? Wha' merit does it 'old ta m' now?"

There was only quiet laughter next to her as she felt the warmth enclose her once again.

"The pain, the heartache, the lost and the mourning you did is not that far from your heart. But all is as it should be now Keeper, do you not understand that which I show you?"

"Nae."

"Then listen to me Keeper and listen well to what I've to say to you."

They walked along the edge of the beach within her vision as her body went lax in the bath.

"There was a time in your life when you were happy...when you first arrived here and then it was all torn from you. Taken from you. Everything you had ever loved, everything you had ever known. All that was left of you was a broken heart and soul, your twins and your tears. You were broken Keeper, and even then I watched over you. I could do little to help you until you found your own way and that is how I am here with you now, it has nothing to do that you are the Keeper of the Tower of Fire...well perhaps a little but moreso that you were able to find yourself. Two years ago if I had brought these visions to you, you would have been torn and broken all over again. And now I watch you watch them with a different light in your eye...a light of forgiveness and strength, a light of knowing...but yet there is still darkness within you Keeper. You must understand that the darkness is as much a part of you as the light is Aradia. You cannot rid the darkness from you, you never will be able to for it is a part of the undying strength within you. A darkness you will have to supress and control for if it were to overcome you once again, all would be lost. You knows of that which I speak Keeper...you both do. Even in this he finds love in you and for that alone is enough to heal and mend your soul. You are a strong woman, never give up hope and I will always be at your side. There are many curves to our path ahead and your darkside will be needed, now as you stand here watching the woman you were some years ago, can you assure me Keeper that I've nothing to fear?"
Illusia
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Illusia »

December 10, 2004

Later that night...

He had left her then and returned her to her body shortly after that question and here she found herself on the balcony again. She rubbed her bare arms as she smiled to herself and nodded to herself as she thought of his words earlier that night. She turned towards the Isle then as she watched, reliving the memories on her own as she watched the vision walk across the sands.

So many nights had they met one another to calm eachothers nerves, so many nights did she seek comfort in his arms, for he was the only one that could guide her and then she had believed he was the one...the one that would ease her soul and mend all wounds. And in many ways he was the one...the one to offer her what she needed to be the woman she was now.

"Thinking of what I said earlier are you?"

"Aye. Would ye expect ana less o' m'?"

She grinned with her back to him.

"Of course not. Does it make more sense to you now."

"Aye but I still dinnae understan' why 'e 'ad ta leave as such."

"It was his time Aradia, when the time is right, he will come to you again. But know this, he will not come until you can accept him back as he is. He did what the Legends foretold that he would do child. He guided you...mended you and gave you the ultimate challenge that was to be written for you...and here you are now."

She shivered as the ice coursed through her veins once more as she watched the couple on the sands and she nodded.

"Aye, ye are right 'e di' indee' do as tha legends 'ad foretol'."

"Each played their own part in training you, in this you must understand."

"I do."

"You thought it odd for a long time when you first arrived in the Tower that both of the former inhabited the Tower before you. You of all should know it was fate and the way it was meant to be."

"Aye, but still tha coincidence wrought at m' nerves then."

"And then you were not ready to see that which I've shown you today. Fate ties us together in the oddest of bonds Aradia, look for instance at your magics child and the abilities you wield...You of all should know what I speak is truth."

She nodded to him as she turned to face him...She was able to see now...see things she had only imagined she would be able to see, but a thought had to be voiced.

"Do tha others 'elp their Keepers as ye've 'elped m'? I've oft wondere' o' such in tha darkest o' tha nights."

"Only when we are needed child, for few can even unlock the powers the Towers truly hold, and you were one of the few Illusia Aradia Marcine Drasoini."
Illusia
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Illusia »

((There were a few more posts after that one that I had saved but I believed that it was good where it had left off and so I bring it current.))

February 28, 2005

She found herself on the balcony once again, overlooking the never ending twilight of the Isle, a smile turning the features of her delicate face. She sighed deeply and drew the cloak tighter about her form as she glanced over towards the other Towers, each in turn.

"Soon it will all come ta pass...soon all shall be able ta rest wit' ease...but 'ow lon' will it last?"

She had been fortunate, all the work she had put into protecting the Tower had been fruitful at the very least for he had never been able to breach her defenses...She corrected herself, their defenses, but how long would it last? How long before she had to relinquish the Tower to some other who would care not of the work and care she had put behind the well mastered plan to protect her beloved Tower of Fire and the secrets it held within...How long before someone else strode into it's sturdy walls and twisted all she had done to their own personal agenda?

It was her second reign, and in the first none had dared to challenge her and it would seem her current would proceed in the same mannerisms. She had watched the Isle from her balcony when Dracos was out on patrol or back on the Planes making do with the other plans that were well in the works for her own protection against her twin, she had yearned to step into the rings again, but knew in her current status it would not be wise, yet she knew that nothing could harm her upon the Isle and she sighed softly and started at the same as she heard the voice behind her.

"I've been given a missive for you Keeper."

"Oh?"

She took the missive from the elemental with a smile and as she let her fingertips grace upon the seal of the missive, a chill coursed through her body as she opened the missive and read each word with precise scrutiny. She shook her head as she nodded softly to the elemental and a simple thought as a parchment floated to her hands, already tied and sealed with her own mark and she returned this parchment to the elemental and bid him on his way.

"So tha time 'as come fer m' ta defen' m' title...an at a most inopportune time I might ad'."

Sighing softly she rubbed at the very large swell in her stomach as she looked down to it and smiled.

"Tis as it shoul' all be though. I am rusty indee' but nae shall 'appen tha' is nae suppose' ta...but somethin' chills m' in this issuance fer I sense a forebodin' aura o' evil tha' is ta come ta ye an it nae bodes well wit' m'."

"He issues this challenge for the sole purpose of his own intent. This we already know."

She nodded.

"Vanion Shadowcast, the name is quite familiar ta m'. We faught alongside one another when Twilight twas create'...An e'en then somethin' disturbe' m' 'bout 'is soul, but in tha rin', 'e was all we neede'...Er so I thought."

Another sigh as she looked out towards the Isle.

"Wha' if I lose tha Tower Tarinos, wha' then?"

"It is as it should be, my doubts are high that he will ever have the abilities that you do my dear, for his intentions are not pure. He will never be able to wield what you wield, nor will he be able to contact me. Those of impure natures cannot possibly unlock the secrets that you have."

"Verra well, then make note tha' when I leave tha Tower on tha eve o' next tha' all m' personal belongin's shall be taken an returne' ta tha Drasoini 'ome. All shoul' be made ready fer 'is reign."

"Think you that highly that you will not defend the Tower well Lady?"

"'onestly Tarinos? I've m'doubts. Tis been some time since I've steppe' wit'in a rin' an it nae e'er bodes well when I've been away fer so lon'. But I assure ye I will nae relinquish it wit' ease. 'e will fight fer wha' I 'ave rightfully claime' as mine, as will ana others tha' come after 'im."

"As you wish Keeper, I will make the arrangements, now please get some rest. You will need it for tomorrow evening."

Return to “Shadows Unbroken”