Trails of Blood

An old dueling team is reborn. These are their stories.

Moderators: Rakeesh, Shadowlord

Rakeesh
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Professional Duelist

Post by Rakeesh »

Rakeesh Sah Tarna was a Paladin of no small honor, and the liontaur could not count on both sets of hands the number of times his super-natural sense of danger had saved his life.

A moment before Shahai struck, the Paladin awoke, his hand moving with the reflexes of a cat, stopping the blade in a rather painful manner; his left hand had been completely impaled by obsidian blade.

Rakeesh did not want to think of the injury, the consequences, or the blood that was on his hands. He roared in pain, then shouted, "Aenlyn, now! The Wards!"

Artemus had been snooping again, and while his attack on Shahai may have provided a moment's distraction for him to capture this creature and send her back to the Hells, he made a mental note to hire guards for the Guild.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Rakeesh Sah Tarna drew Soulforge from beneath his pillow, and lept at Shanai from his sleeping rug. Simultaneously, Aenlyn was to shut the chamber door, which would enact the anti-magic ward that Rhaine had drawn and ritualized for the room.

As his Holy Blade pierced the shadows with pure, blue flame, he hoped Aenlyn would be there.
When I am silent, I have thunder hidden inside.

[OOC: Twitter is the best way to stay in touch. <3]
Dimitri
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Dimitri »

I went to the annex to talk and duel with friends. But that all changed When Daigotsu came. He and I dueled. As we dueled he said "You missed your deadline little one." All I could do is delay him to get him to forget about it. I knew the deal I had to exchange my life for Alais. I already knew that Alais was back and safe.

As I won the duel Daigotsu attempted to snatch my body. I displaced out of the way. As soon as this happened Shahai came. I knew what was going to happen. I could only watch as Daigotsu healed Shahai's wounded shoulder. But as soon as he did they both looked at me whispering between themselves. The only thing I could hear was Shahai say "Shall I show the little one the price for Failure." This made me mad because I was sick of being called little one.

Shahai slowly started to walk towards me. I drew my Nodachi blade watching her approach. As I did this Shahai said "Dimitri, Dimitri put that away" I just shook my head and said "why?" She only answered my "because you are a honourable man and it is time to die one." As she continued to walk towards me. I still tried to waste time, "What do you want" I asked. Again she answers "because you made a deal and I want it fufilled. A body for a Body, Alais has been returned, against my better judgement, but Daigotsu saw fit to release her.... now, it is time for you to honour that deal."

"Why should I fufill this deal Alais has been returned safely?" I asked. "Because you are honourable and would never turn back on a deal." I knew that she was going to attack soon. I tensed up, but Shahai only reached her hand out of her robes. To only show that she had no weapon. She placed her hand on my shoulder. "Why do you want me?" I asked,Shahai answered "I want you because you made a promise to my master. I will not let you disappoint him." I displaced to the other side of the annex to try to get away. But she followed and appeared behind me and placed her hand on my shoulder again.

This time I was ready and elbowed her in the stomach. As she reeled back from the blow I spun around and sliced at her stomach. She slid a Obsidian dagger into her hand and was ready for a fight. But so was I summoned a golem that grabbed her and squeezed. She then spke dark words I felt my small veins close. She went into the shadows and appered on another side. I brought a knife to my hand and threw it at her. But it missed as it hit the wall she retailiated with a throwing star. That missed also, at this I readied my blade and charged at her. This time I had her where I wanted her. As I got in striking distance. I brought the Nodachi blade and thrusted it into her stomach. As this happened she brought the Obsidian blade and stabbed me in the chest. As the blade hit my skin it shattered leving Shards of it in my skin.

I pushed the Nodachi blade deeper in her stomach. As her blood seeped out it went right back in. Then I felt a tendril wrap around my throat and commanded "Remove your blade Little one." Daigotsu's voice said. I pulled out another knife and thrusted into Shahai's chest. I saw the splattered blood from his attacks had started to enter through the wound in his chest. I summoned another golem that Grappled Daigotsu but the grip on my neck slowly tighten. The next thing I knew I was being hurled across the Annex.

As I hit the wall the hold around his neck tightened. I brought a knife and tried to sever the tendril but it did nothing. I summoned another golem that grabbed onto Shahai but she dissappeared into the night. Daigotsu followed suit and left no trace behind.
Rhaine
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Black in Mind

Post by Rhaine »

As I returned into the Guild after a busy evening, I sensed strange occurrence... my wards had been activated by someone. I'm not paranoid, but I do consider them serious enough to be used only when needed, not for some pointy-eared fun. The Shadows, troubled with the traces of bloodmage presence, have shown me the tracks to follow. So... you were here, Shahai? Naive enough to think that I would go against my word to assist the Guild?

Still something in me resisted the urge to run and check what happened that made these do-gooders activate the wards. Why should I care? I've been dragged into the fight against Bloodspeakers, into spying after Vanion and investigation that made me utterly bored - ENOUGH! I merely need to wait for a chance to warp out! Not run into any kind of paladin-ish idiocy Rakeesh invents! In the end, my shadow form is NOT corporeal, and I have to use it for most tricks I utilize. I'm sick and tired of hearing Rakeesh telling me to behave. Damn, I need energy for everything you demand of me, paladin, and using normal ways to obtain it would lead me into dissolution from hunger!

I rushed out of the Guild. It was midnight, sacred time for someone like me. The night around me was dark for their eyes - but non-existant for mine. I sensed a living being - merely a male walking home from work. Half-consciously, I extended my hand... life force of my victim flowed into me. I stopped soon enough, he was still alive - probably he would merely sleep more next few days... But partly the painful hunger was sated.

The thought of Bloodspeakers entered my mind again... No. I have chosen my side in this conflict already. Even if it hurts, I shall follow my word... the way I was always taught.

Adventurer

Post by Shahai Iida »

As I let fly the obsidian dagger at the sleeping Rakeesh, dark, stabbing pain burned into my back as another ebony arrow sliced into my flesh. The dagger flight altered slightly. My aim was for his underbelly, but it flew high and caught the waking, jade protected liontaur in the upraised hand. The obsidian shattered on contact into tens of thousands of pieces as it's shards drove deep into the pads of his palm and fingers.

The wards flared into action, and my sorceries would not get me out of the Guild Hall.

Rakeesh drew Soulforge, that accursed holy blade, from beneath his pillow. The holy blade flared blue as he leaped toward where I stood in the doorway.

With one hand on the blood dagger, and an obsidian throwing star in the other hand, I began to back out of the liontaur's resting place, keeping my back to the walls as I was alone, and had no idea who, nor how many, would come now that the wards were in place.

The arrow lodged in my back brushed the wall a couple of times, and I could feel my blood running in rivulets down my back.

I threw the star hard at Rakeesh, hoping to get past that damned holy blade and reached for the embedded arrow. Once again I suffered the soul rending pain of pulling the arrow head free of my own body. Blackness invaded my peripheral vision as the barbs tear backward through muscle and sinew.

Daigotsu had told me to lay low for a time, and I may indeed be silent if I cannot fight my way out.

I focused on the charging liontaur with his accursed blade, deriving my incentive to move from an adrenaline rush as the flaming blade swung painfully close. There would be no rescuer this night, and I backed down the hall the way I had come, only to be met by the dryad I'd avoided on the way in. I threw two more obsidian stars at the creature that carried a jade sword. The obsidian would neutralize the jade, but a sword remains lethal.....
Last edited by Shahai Iida on Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aenlyn Hollow
Adventurer
Adventurer

Post by Aenlyn Hollow »

Aenlyn rested beneath the brances of her tree, her gaze unwavering from the Guild doors.

She lifted the jade blade that rested in her lap and turned it in her hands, her mind drifting over the events of the previous few days. With a shiver, she pulled her leafy cloak tighter around herself, the night seeming much colder all of a sudden. Her gaze lifted back into the darkness around the Guild, but she could find no source for the uneasiness she felt.

Suddenly she saw a figure emerge from the darkness, and she leapt to her feet, her blade coming free. As the shadowy shape came into the moonlight, she stopped abruptly, recognizing the cloaked figure. She started to sit back down, but halted when she saw a bow being drawn. As Artemus disappeared into the Guild, Aenlyn decided she'd better follow and see what was up, something was going on inside of there, and she had sworn to protect the building.

The green blade held in front of her reflected the torchlight coming from the guild as she approached. She slipped through the large open doors, just as Rakeesh's cry rang through the building.

"Aenlyn, now! The Wards!"

Aenlyn stood frozen for a second, her heart thumping before coming to her senses. She turned to the doors and pulled them closed behind her, sealing the building from magic as the wards were activated.

For a moment, she stood there uncertain of how to proceed. Should she go and aid Rakeesh, or defend the doors to make certain nobody got out. Rakeesh had told her to activate the wards, so he must still be alright... He could handle himself, and had Soulforge to aid him. Aenlyn set her feet and waited, determined not to let anybody escape past her this night.
Rakeesh
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Professional Duelist

Post by Rakeesh »

Rakeesh's Soulforge deflected the throwing stars as soon as they had left Shahai's hand. He clenched his teet, as he cornered the woman who had tried to invade the lion's den. His Holy Sword struck out again, biting even deeper into the woman's already wounded soldier. He knew Aenlyn would guard the door with everything she had, of this the liontaur had no doubt.

If he could just keep going for a few more seconds, the Bloodspeaker's soul would be commended back to the Hell in which it was spawned... just a few more... seconds...

It was then that the Guildhall doors flew open with strength that Aenlyn could not have matched to keep them shut. A large, muscle-bound man entered, wearing a skin-tight white suit. He carried in his hand a huge, black warhammer.

Rakeesh's sliced a blow across Shahai's face, even as the newcomer's voice bellowed within the Guildhall.

"Shahai Iida, flee to the winds! I will handle this... Paladin." The confidence in the voice told Rakeesh that this was no mere boast.

The liontaur knew that his prey would escape into the shadows with the ward broken, but he cut again - seeking to decapitate her, and end this battle out of desperation.

Rakeesh could only hope that Aenlyn would find the strength to stop Yajinden before the Bloodspeaker could harm anyone.
When I am silent, I have thunder hidden inside.

[OOC: Twitter is the best way to stay in touch. <3]
Shahai Iida
Adventurer
Adventurer

The Third Arrives

Post by Shahai Iida »

I could see blood dripping from Rakeesh's hand where the obsidian shards were driving deeply into his hand, and feel my own blood running down my back. The accursed arrow was another of the poison tipped ones from Artemus.

Rakeesh slammed the holy blade down and landed a staggering blow to my shoulder, and I would throw no more stars with that arm this night.

My dagger against that flaming sword was clearly no match, and the throwing star had been batted away dealing no harm to the Paladin.

My blood began to drip onto the floor, and blackness continued to infringe on my sight. The Paladin kept coming, and Soulforge burned me again. A slash catching my face just as I felt the wards fail.

"Yajindin!" The Third had come!!

The failure of the wards meant that I now had an escape route, and The Third would be alright alone against the Paladin and dryad.

I wrapped blackness around me just as the holy blade cut a vicious arc where my solid throat had just been. The flames burned, but the blade could not cut shadow.

Yajindin. He'd come at last! I would need Daigotsu once more to heal the arrow wound. Something in the poison prohibits self healing, and I would tell him of the arrival of The Third.
Rhaine
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Black in Mind

Torn between

Post by Rhaine »

I invited an emeritus named Marz to fight me - merely to get my thoughts off the grim subject that's been weighing my shoulders down for the last few days. I knew of his rank - but I needed a duel. We started to cast, when Shahai walked in.
Damn. I hoped she won't make me keep my promise - I felt slight pity for the bloodmages, who had to face the entire world trying to beat on them for their way of living. In the end, I was akin to them - a mage who has gone through Hells, servant of Grim lord who has accepted darkness willingly and gladly.

Esperwind took care of my duel with Marzan. In another ring Vanion was officiating duels.

"Farek and Gork, ring..." Vanion paused for a second. "Ring Avoozl".

The word ripped into the fabric of space of the Twilight Isle. I do not know how others felt it... Every time Vanion pronounced the name, the clouds above the Isle darkened. For my eyes it was different. I could not think about my duel. "I hate what I see! Get your sorry rear out of here!" I screamed telepathically to Dimitri. I knew I could survive even a
breakthrough of inferno, but what would happen to Dimitri if the process goes to its logical end? But the half-elf was either recklessly brave or unbeatably stupid. Quietly fuming from anger, I watched Dimitri trying to attack Shahai, running up volcanic slopes, getting on Vanion's nerves.

The clouds turned almost black. For me they were like black splashes of chaos, with streaks of lightning tracing through them, multi-hued in their darkness. I saw something like a tornado, transparent shimmer in the air - above Vanion. Tornado that touched the clouds. The distorted picture... or the only real vision of reality?

"Leave the witch alone". Well, I was glad to hear that the myr'khulian champion protects the bloodspeakers. Good luck, Shahai... Daigotsu... You deserve to survive in this world. I'm sorry I have not joined you. But my word binds me.

Will I tell Rakeesh about this, I wonder? I have tried talking to him many times, but only few times he listened to me. I realize that I'm a vampire to all of them, and these do-gooders are locked to their self-righteousness...
Dimitri
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Dimitri »

Dimitri walked into the Guild quietly. He searched the entire guild making sure that no one else was there. He set his bag down on one of the many empty tables. He then went over to the bar to look for a strong drink. "Damn there is never anything good to drink in here." He walked back to his table and pulled out a small obsidian shard. He put it on the table and looked at it.

Dimitri took off his shirt and folded it and put it on the table. He then felt the only two obsidian shards you can see. "alright got to get at least one out." He then pulled a knife out of his bag, he put the blade to his chest by the two shards. Dimitri then pushed the knife into his chest. He slowly cut around the shard. Blood slowly came out, Dimitri pulled out the first shard out of his chest.

He quickly pulls the knife out and watches as the skin slowly starts to come together and close. He looks at the second shard he removed. He hasnt asked for any help with this he needed to do this by himself he has been depending on friends. He put the two shards into his pocket. Pulls a small cloth and wipes the blood off of the knife. He drops it on the table, as it hits the ground he hears the great hall's doors slam open.

He quickly grabbed his things and hid. He looked up and saw that the wind opened them. "strange guess we need to fix them." He put the bag over his shoulder and walked out. Leaving the bloody cloth on the table. He closed the door and walked off to the Isle and Outback.
Shahai Iida
Adventurer
Adventurer

Recovery and regroup

Post by Shahai Iida »

The black arrows are a menace, but not without resolution. Now that Yajinden was here, we could take care of one another, and assure that none of us would die from blood loss.

I sought out Daigotsu, sharing with him the arrival of Yajinden.

A triad of Bloodspeakers.

RhyDin would never know what hit it.

A dark smile curved my lips. Moving silently into the night, I sought the home of the priest of the largest church in RhyDin, and there I found solace in the destruction of his soul, commending his soul into eternal hell and damnation, along with his house keeper and an accolyte.

Life in RhyDin was good.
Rhaine
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Black in Mind

Post by Rhaine »

I spent several days working, designing a spell complex aimed at creating a directional artifact for additional protection from bloodspeakers. After the time in the lab, my entire being was aching, I needed rest and needed it badly. I summoned a few doubles to rush around, and sent one of them to Twilight Isle to spy for me. Being a biodesigner has its own advantages. Myself - I went to the Outback.

I admit, I was paying little attention to my duels, when the information from my spy has arrived. Another Bloodspeaker! Just a few days ago Rakeesh asked me if I thought there would be more. I hate it sometimes when my intuition of asmodean priestess is correct... I finished the duel and sat down away from the searing light. I needed to think.

The duels were over soon enough, and everyone left. I enjoyed the silence, when Hantei Daigotsu stepped out of the shadows.
I sensed his arrival, and tried to remain polite. If he forces me to defend myself, I won't hesitate... But he has come to talk, not to fight. The scarlet flames of aggression didn't try to reach me. Daigotsu removed his mask, and his voice reminded me Baatezu voices...

"All bonds can be broken, Rhaine. If you would offer your loyalty, I would accept you as one of us."

One of them... The thought itself made me freeze for a moment. I don't care for anything the bloodspeakers may offer, but the chance to get out of the Guild... the chance to be listened to, instead of being always disregarded as a damn neckbiter... the chance to be no longer alone, have at least true allies... But my past has taught me much. I kept scanning him, watching the everchanging color swirls of a sentient magically-active being. The very instant I thought about alliance, I wondered - why in the Hells would Daigotsu need me? Why would he offer a generous reward?

"Why do you need loyalty of someone like me? I'd understand seeking alliance with Vanion, but me? That's odd," I asked the question calmly, trying not to show how much his offer has touched me

"Eliminating threats," Daigotsu said with a slow nod. "I am not interested in wrecking havoc. I seek controlled chaos. You are not like the rest of your...guild. You are the rogue who hides in the shadows. And as you've just said, your position might not be as it is now if it weren't for a bond."

Daigotsu knew way too much. This showed... damn Shahai snatched enough pieces of information while jumping back and forth in the shadows. There was one thing that made his offer worthless though. I have sworn loyalty once, complete loyalty, and I shall not change that. My loyalty is only to the Lord, to His cause, to His Darkness. Never to anyone else. And a temporary alliance is nothing... I could agree to it, but it's too useless to both bloodspeaker and myself. Verbal fencing went in circles. I couldn't accept, yet I couldn't reject this offer. The temptation to join those akin to me was too strong. Finally, I decided to wait. In the end, a biodesigner can't be too careful.

"I shall consider your offer, and shall give you the answer - probably will tell one of your bloodspeakers a simple "yes" or "no". " I tried to make my voice sound calm. The porcelain mask covered bloodmage's face again, and we exchanged bows. Looking at him, I allowed the vampire mask to leave my face. A wave of transformation that showed what I really was, became a fair trade. Though I guess he'll never know I was unable to see his face the way a normal would... and wouldn't appreciate his gesture returned in my own way.
Rhaine
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Black in Mind

Post by Rhaine »

It's over. I have declined the offer that was so tempting. However, I owe Daigotsu a small gift of appreciation for this offer, for the fact that he didn't ignore me and hate me the way the damn do-gooders did.

I wrapped the gift into silky paper. It was a simple porcelain mask, with a rather complex spell embedded into it. Daigotsu may find it entertaining - to see the world the way I do. It would be useless, I've been using my enhanced eyesight for several centuries, and still need the filter for analysis. But it should show him how much I appreciated his offer.

Respect your enemy - as my teachers told me.

One spell - and the small gift disappeared in a warp.

And I remained alone with mistust, hatred and pain of the lost day. Alone as usual.
Dimitri
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Dimitri »

Last night I walked into the Arena looking for a way to get rid of this headache. But the scientific talk of Rhaine didn't help a bit. She was talking of some sword or something. After she was done talking, she actually helped me and got rid of my headache. Then Alais and I got on the conversation of the Temple and Alia anor.

"alrigh' prithee, 'ow dids't yer visit gae?" She said

I I couldnt think of what she was talking about at first. But then I remember about last night. "Oh...I didn't see Alia anor last night." I said. After awhile Alais introduced me to a man named Melgath Mithmellon. Then later that night something went wrong. A bloodspeaker came, the third one I have seen. Here name was Asako, and like every other bloodspeaker it brought me pain.

I just kept watching her for any movements. I saw her remove a small yellow flower from her Kimono sleeve. She then was inside my head.

"I can smell the taint the others have left on you."

I yelled back at her "Quiet!" all she did was give me a cruel smole and continue to twirl the yellow flower. She was inside my mind again and not the last time.

"Bite your tongue, Little one. It would be wise do you not think with that of your past meetings."

I remember my fight with Shahai and Daigotsu. Then she told me that she was stronger then Shahai and Daigotsu both combined plus some more. My gaze went to the flower as I looked at the twirling flower I became hypnotized. I couldn't stop looking at it. At this she was inside again saying,

"Come to me Little One. Come and tell me your tales."

She then beckoned me to come over and over. Rhaine then commanded me to sit down. But I had to go to the flower, I tried to stand but failed but then I tried again this time getting to my feet. As I did Rhaine touched the back of my head. At that I was blinded. She kicked the back of my knees to get me to sit back down. Asako then told me,

"Will you let that Vampire, toy with your life? Perhaps your sight is valued, but your life is in my hands Little One."

This pissed me off, I was sick and tired of being someone's slave. When I yelled at her she only replied,

"Very well Little One, remember you brought this upon yourself."

I didnt move again This time she warned me about me bringing it upon myself. She plucked a petal from the yellow flower I felt pain beyeond pain in my chest. I told Rhaine to let me see again. She did as I asked.
I asked "what do you want?" She then plucked a second petal from the flower and I felt unimaginable pain in my lower body. I went to Asako's table and sat down across from her. As I sat down she had her fingers ready to pluck yet another petal.

"Should choose your tone and words more carefully, Little One. Was it that hard to remove yourself"

I wanted to leave as fast as I could, get away from all this but she knew this. Her hand went under the table and a tendril sliced into my ankle. The tendril attached to my vein.

"We've unfinished business, do we not?"

I didn't know what she meant, But then her face looked suprised,

"What is this trickery? Your blood is not...interesting, very interesting."

I grabbed the hilt of my Nodachi blade and unsheathed it. But Asako heard it and removed a third petal. My head felt like it was going to explode, I couldnt think do anything, I felt like I was going to die there, but Rhaine helped and got me out of there.
Rhaine
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Black in Mind

One entry in vampire's diary

Post by Rhaine »

==One entry in vampire's diary ===
The day was maddening. I started it by an idiotic show of my vampire metabolism, biting a human male that kept insulting Anne, myself and another female, more scaring him than feeding, but nonetheless going against Rakeesh's order to "behave". After that I was seriously beaten by Farek (though from him I would tolerate any beating... even verbal), and as the top of my recklessness - this interference into talk of Xenograg, Alia Anor and elven Queen Teleperien. Damn. Someday this would lead me into dissolution.

I looked at Farek one last time this evening. I might have to talk to him next week. Though this duty is far from unpleasant...

The night calls me.
Rhaine
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Black in Mind

Post by Rhaine »

When I walked into Arena to meet Brigath for practice, and saw Daigotsu entering, I felt like rushing out. But it was too late. We were in the ring, Brigath and me, and I was withstanding the beating with nasty nether rays and even worse meteors. The bloodspeaker dueled Dimitri, just dueled, without any of his special abilities. His skill was admirable. His victory was purely beautiful.

My nemesis, Delwin, officer of Lerdann High Guard, marched through the portal. Black uniform, plasma gun... Finally it would be over. Steven and myself have agreed to trick the naive boy into believing I was dead...
"Leave me alone, lerdanian," I asked.

Daigotsu looked at Delwin as he kept checking his scanner. Oh no... I knew that predatorial look. And the young officer had no idea what he was about to face. He probably has taken in too much of local beer... carelessly allowing himself to be tricked into believing that Daigotsu is also hunting me.

It all seemed like a nightmare. Stream of plasma rushing to me... I was ready to absorb it. Bloodmage's soul shimmered - and pushed into Delwin's body. The half-elven priestess, Alia Anor, looked shocked.... as the soul was thrown into the depths of Baator. I could only stare at Daigotsu... why? why has he saved me? even if I was ready for that attack, ready to turn it into a trick... why?! Steven looked equally surprised.

After Daigotsu left, I poured myself a glass of pure alcohol, drained, and crashed the glass in my hand. Indebted to my foe... I would not wish this to my enemy. Daigotsu... what in the Hells are you plotting?

Return to “Champions of Mythos”