Off-season.

Moderator: Gork292

Gork292
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Off-season.

Post by Gork292 »

Gork began to go through his mail. "Bill, bill, bill, letter, junk..." He looked at the letter, deciding he might as well open it even though he didn't know who it was from. At that moment, he had recieved his first fan mail. It read:

"Hey you guys rock let's see a repeat! Who's coming back and who's leaving?"

Gork shrugged, figuring he might as well respond. He grabbed a pen and a piece of paper and began to write back. Though he couldn't yet give a definite answer to his question, he would at least try.

"Dear John Doe,

Thank you for your support. I don't know who all is coming back, but I know that myself, Farek, Mur, and Ryan are coming back. I haven't heard from the others just yet. Hans has unfortunately passed away. Again, thank you."

He signed the letter, put it in his mailbox and decided to see who would like to stay and go. He first went to see if Farek was still willing to be the Assistant Captain, but on the walk to the Tower of Water (where he had assumed he was), he was stopped by a young boy with a cap that read "Why is the Moon?" The boy seemed shocked. "Are you... Gork? THE Gork?" Gork paused and replyed, "Well, that's me. I was just on the way to talk to Farek." Gork pulled out a sharpie and signed the logo on his head, patting him on the head and moving on to conduct his business. Gork thought, "If this keeps up it'll be midnight before I even get there."
Gork292
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Gork292 »

He continued to the tower, but it seemed the encounters kept on coming. Some were of fans, some of hate. When he reached the Isle, he eyed the Tower of Water. He moved across the bridge and went to knock on the door, only to realize that there was not one.

Gork conjured up some scuba gear and dove into the water, swimming
around the tower while searching for a way in. This would continue for a few minutes.
Farek
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Career Criminal

Post by Farek »

A water-based elemental sentry noticed a humanoid figure lurking in the depths of the bay near its master's abode. It glided through the water effortlessly, without a sound, as it moved to inspect who and what was there.

Meanwhile, the brigand was alerted to the unidentified and certainly unwanted presence in the bay beneath the tower. He kneeled down and began an incantation.

The final word was "Betsy" and from a large grate in the side of the tower, a great, female manatee swam at Gork.
Gork292
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Gork292 »

Gork eyed the manatee and kept swimming along. As he continued along his head was suddenly taken in and then the rest of him was sucked into the creature. It seemed he was helpless to do anything but be taken along by the manatee.
Farek
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Career Criminal

Post by Farek »

The manatee got its large, hingable jaw around Gork and brought him in through the metal grate. It swam up through the tower and spat him out in a chamber that immediately shut.

Moments later, a door was roughly thrown open and Farek stepped in with a snarl on his face. The snarl lessened, however, when he saw who he had captured.

"What? Why were you snooping around? You could have just yelled up."

And he snarled again.
Gork292
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Gork292 »

Gork stood, wiping himself of the manatee's spit. "Oh, I could've yelled up? Oops. Well, I was just wondering if you would be willing to by my assisstant again next year for TDL."
Farek
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
Career Criminal

Post by Farek »

"You came all the way up here to ask me that? It could have waited until tonight at the Outback."

Farek scowled again and took a swig from the bottle of liquor he held in his hand.

"Yes. Now, it's been fun, but I have things to do."

The grate opened and flushed Gork out into the bay.
Gork292
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Post by Gork292 »

As Gork was sucked out of the tower, he yelled. "Duude, that was fun! I just rode the Tower of Waterslide." Gork swam to the bridge and walked back onto the Isle. "Wait... I could've just 'ported here." He shrugged and teleported back to his house. He dried off and thought about what to do before his shift in the Outback began.

((Continued in "Delivery"))

Return to “Why is the Moon?”