Kira Adia
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer
Mistress of House Adia

Location: Adia Estate, south of the city on the border with Skoggard

One Becomes Two

Post by Kira Adia »

12-6

Mira unlocked the door to her apartment and opened it wide to let Ellie in first, as she bent down to pick up their bag of food from the red-carpeted hallway floor and follow her in. They had a full bag of food and a drink carrier with two shakes inside! A total party!

"Alright, not gonna lie… I wasn't sold on chain burgers… but I'm going to crush this food!" she said, leaning for another kiss before she started unwrapping her food.

[> Got a request from "outside." Third-person camera.] No idea what that means, but okay, sure.

Ellie walked on into the apartment and twirled lightly through the space, the hem of her voluminous skirt flaring out mildly to may-haps brush up against whatever is in her immediate vicinity. The furniture arrangement was not optimized for skirt twirls, but that was okay! She leaned back to claim another kiss, and then reached into the bag to search for her turkey burger and fries.

From under the couch, Noodle the cat-ipede made a lunge for the skirt, letting out a chirpy trill. Octo was far too busy making his web up in the corner of the kitchen to bother. He was a watcher, but not an immediate interacter like his sister.

Mira led Ellie to the barstools along the island for optimal comfort eating and pulled out her double bacon cheeseburger with pickles and crispy shallots. She'd decided to go for the bigger burger instead of the fries, which were a hit-or-miss item for the cambion. “Damn… this does look pretty good…!"

She took a big bite, leaving an almost cartoonish bite mark in the burg while reaching for her strawberry shake, nodding to the pretty decent flavors!

Just before Noodle could snag onto her fluttering skirt, Ellie was whisked away to the island, her flowing fabric trailing behind her. She popped a squat onto a barstool and unwrapped the turkey burger. "Oooooh, mine looks pretty good too!" Ellie bit down more daintily. And confirmed: This turkey burger kind of slaps. She then followed it up with a sip of her chocolate shake. That's pretty good, too! She then tried out one of the fries. Not quite as good as the burger, but still good. She suspected the fries might get stolen go missing later.

Mira munched her bite of food for a bit before swallowing and sipping on the shake again to clear her throat. "You want water or tea, too? Or a coffee? We've got a lot of stuff up here from downstairs."

"I think I'm good with the shake for now, amour. But thank you, though!" Ellie smiled brightly in thanks for the offer.

And then munched a few more fries herself. They're growing on her, as french fries are wont to do.

"No prob, love!" Mira cooed, taking another bite and swallowing before continuing. "… Speaking of ‘thanks’, thanks again for helping us out with Neo and his crew. I… I didn't want to admit that Ordark seemed spread too thin, but… asking him to monitor two locations was a bit much between Endless Nights and Second Chances. Neo's a real lifesaver… and he did the whole 'superhero' thing while I was emotional, earlier. He's a sweet guy."

Ellie took another dainty munch of her burger, then smiled to Mira. "You're so welcome! Honestly, I think Ordark didn't want to admit to being spread too thin. Cap is a pretty sensitive and tactful guy, and I think that lends to his trustworthiness. I'm really glad he was kind to you, not that I expected otherwise of him. Still, I'm grateful for it regardless. With what Jackson appears to be packing, I'm glad that the Knights are on our side."

Mira couldn't help but chuckle at that. "No, I believe Ordark strives for technical perfection in everything he does… which is admirable in its own way… but I do worry about him being overworked. It's… hard to gauge that sort of stuff with an ancient, skeletonized lich that doesn't need food or rest. I want him to relax sometime… just do… Ordark stuff, you know? Maybe after this is over, I can get him to go on a vacation or something…"

Ellie munched on another fry, and then shook a finger affirmatively, in agreement. "I think the fairest thing to do is hold him to the same standard as us mortals. Even if he doesn't need food or rest, I think they would still be good for him, and that he'd still appreciate it."

"I'll ask him to do it as a personal favor to me… that'll get him, I suspect,” Mira said. Munch, munch, munch. She scooted the barstool towards her belle to be as close as comfortable. "How're things in New Prism? Everything chill?"

"Fantastic idea." Ellie giggled as she scootched her own bar stool closer, likewise, conspiring to make their booties touch. She no doubt found success in her sinister plot. "Things in New Prism are pretty good, thanks for asking! That party that my troupe and I were hired to dance for on the night of the Overlord challenge went really well. Stuff at the bakery is going well, as well as the dueling school back in Rhy'Din. And the quests I have taken have gone pretty smoothly." She then nudged Mira lightly. "What about you? I know things have been hard lately, but what's good in your life right now?"

Endless Nights is obviously doing really well… Deepening relationships with my partners… Ran to the finish line with duels… nothing new. But certainly a lot of the things I care about, you know?" Mira said, getting a couple of bites away from finishing while sucking on her shake. Butts finally met in a perfect peachy union, causing Mira to blush.

Ellie made progress on her burger much more slowly, but she had more dainty bites, and also worked on fries. She tried to make sure to save some for being stolen later their eventual mysterious disappearance. But she smiled through bites, happy to hear about what was right in her partner's life. She swallowed her bite and nodded in agreement. "It doesn't have to be new, as long as it's happy." She then giggled, responding to Mira's blushing reaction to their touching butts.

Kira skipped a few steps, porting directly into the hall, instead of outside the back door as was her habit. She wanted to be home more quickly than that. It was clear she’d taken a shower very recently. She smelled faintly of woodlands, typical of her fragrance free body wash. She wore her favorite dress to stay indoors in, but added soft leggings for extra comfort and her new converse sneakers. A black shoulder bag hung from her side.

The huntress let herself into the apartment with her key, smiling broadly as soon as the door opened. “Ellie, Mira, my loves.” She crossed the space to the two, taking time to kiss both of them lovingly. “I’m sorry I was not there earlier. I was… out settling some business.” Her smile dropped a fraction as she said that.

Ellie looked over to the door as Kira came in, then skipped over to wrap her up in a hug and deliver a loving kiss. "It's quite alright, I am just happy to see you!" [> Perceive.] That fractional smile drop does not escape those perceptive turquoise eyes. "Business? Do you want to talk about it?"

Mira gave a faux pout at Ellie's giggling before giggling herself. "What? Don't like the butt date? I could scoot back over if you want-"

The cambion was interrupted in the most enjoyable way by their huntress coming to join them! "Hey, love! Fear not, we were just catching up on a meal…"

Ellie… was hella perceptive. Mira could be when she was alert, but the burger was dulling her senses. She looked between the two, quirking a brow to Kira. "Er… yeah, we're here!"

Kira shrugged. "Long term, I was looking up some old contacts in Dockside to try to trace where those leaked files are coming from. Short term…" She looked a bit pained. "…self-defense…" She shook her head. "That is not why we are here. I'd like to focus on you two right now." Her smile brightened again, and she walked with Ellie to the stools. She set the bag on a clear space on the island, but did not sit down yet.

Mira popped the last piece of burger into her mouth and swallowed as Kira approached, getting up to give her a big hug and a passionate kiss. "Mmmmm… the spotlight, eh? Wanna get this show on the road?"

She walked over to Zazni and typed in a code to eject the Staff of Dragon's Gate into her hands. Walking back over, the cambion rested the staff against the island, next to Ellie.

Ellie scratched her head a little. Short term self-defense? [> That doesn't quite sound like a complete sentence.] She couldn’t help but wonder if Kira got into trouble while looking into the dossier leak, but pressing on it was probably not going to help. She took another bite of her turkey burger, and there was not much of it left. [> You might want to finish that while you still can.] The voice in her head was right. This could get really intense. So, she took another bite… but still had a bite or two to go. [> Why do you eat so dainty?] She is not here for this slander!

[> Is there something you need to do with the staff?] Maybe making ceremony out of it is part of the fun. So, Ellie took hold of the staff, and then held it out to Kira with a kind and bright smile. "I bestow this staff of empathy upon thee, oh Second Squire of Dragon's Gate!" She couldn't help but giggle.

Kira looked at the staff, equal parts eager and apprehensive. Mira adjusted to the effects with time and healing, but she still remembered the initial reaction. She did not have a century of warfare and the associated trauma, but she did have her own ghosts, which she was only just beginning to address. "You're both with me. I'm safe…" She reached out and took the staff.
Darkness swallowed the space around Kira. She looked for any signs of the room she had just shared with her lovers, but the area was empty, with no sign of the furniture. She found herself alone.

Almost alone. In the darkness, just beyond the reach of her sight, a pair of eyes glowed with emerald fire. They peered back at Kira with an unnerving intensity that left Kira feeling naked before them in a way being unclothed did not.

“Who are you? What is this?”

Kira felt herself back up a step before catching the motion and stopping herself.

A voice, cool but inviting like a snowy wood, drifted across the emptiness. Kira almost gasped when she recognized the language it was speaking. In Thendozal Common, the voice replied. “Have we forgotten our manners? Is it not our custom to introduce ourselves before asking for a name?”

A stab of shame long thought left behind jabbed into Kira’s mind. She replied in the same language. “I am Kira Adia. What may I call you?”

”Our time is short, Iskira. We will answer by showing who I am not.”

A vision of rapid memories flashed before Kira. She saw herself standing before the King, unwilling to meet his eyes despite the hand at her chin. The frightened girl running through the streets, led by James as he fought his way through the palace guards. Kira, in the Faewilds, looking back through a stone arch, watching helplessly as the portal collapsed, leaving James behind to the mercy of the guards. Kira near death, alone on a snow-covered path, dragging herself towards the Scantuary.

She fell down on her knees, her hand at the side of her head as memories assaulted her with unwelcome emotions. “Stop! That time is over!”

”So you say”

Kira tried to look directly at the eyes, though her vision was clouded with moisture. “I am stronger! I will never allow that to happen!”

”No!” The voice made no attempt to hide the seething rage below the surface. ”You are weak, and growing weaker. What makes you think you are strong? When you did nothing to stop the man now endangering the House?”

More visions flashed. Kira, standing above a man with arrows jutting from his legs, waiting to deliver him to pain. Kira swinging her twin blades to mow down slavers and their clients without hesitation. Aboard the Edison, a trail of bodies behind her on her way to the reactor. A feral faeling tearing a pumpkin revenant apart, consuming the vegetable remains.

“I did that. That was me.”

”No, that was us who fought and killed. That was us. You do not have that strength.”

Kira tried to protest, or to argue against the claims. She could not. In every vision of strength, her eyes glowed, not an intense violet, but as emerald fire.

She looked up again, and a face, twisted in a feral snarl, was directly before hers. A woman was crouched in front of her. Red hair fell in wild, untamed waves over her shoulders. The realization slowly crept into her conscious mind. The face she was looking at was her own.

The woman spoke in Adian Cant. She whispered a word. It was Kira’s True Name. ”Threats surround the House. Let us free. Let us out! Let us hunt! Let us kill!”

Kira slunk back, falling into a sitting position. She realized something was on her hand. The Staff of Dragon’s Gate was grasped tightly in her grip. She looked back at the woman, slowly crawling towards Kira. An arm reached out, trying to touch Kira’s cheek. Or was she trying to grab her throat?

”Iskira, set me free.”

Kira let go of the staff.
She stood still for barely a few seconds, eyes unfocused and empty. Suddenly, her eyes shifted green, and she backed up quickly a step, dropping the staff to the ground. Kira looked terrified. She was saying something in another language at first, before looking around. The huntress remembered where she was and took a deep breath, eyes closed. "I'm… I'm okay. I'm here." Kira’s body shook as though frozen.

Ellie was also somewhat apprehensive for this, for much the same reasons. But she nodded in affirmation to Kira's self-reassuring statements. And then the staff changed hands. She watched closely, and blinked a bit as Kira's eyes changed color, and she then dropped the staff. Ellie didn't recognize this other language, but she did recognize that Kira went through something unpleasant just then. She was okay. She was here… But, she was shaking. Ellie reached out to gently take hold of one of Kira's hands, leaving the other for Mira. "You're okay. You're here."

Mira kipped over the island, arms behind Kira, ready to catch her. "You're here, love… breathe, okay? It can be… intense. You're okay…"

She took the free hand, holding her tight. "Should we move this to the couch so that we don't have to worry about tumbles?"

"I think that's a good call." Ellie helped Mira guide Kira to the couch.

Kira allowed herself to be led to sit down. She took a few more calming breaths, and at some point, her eyes returned to violet. "It was… her… I saw her… she showed me when I was weak, and she spoke to me…" She was holding on to her lovers, taking safety and reassurance from their presence. Her shaking began to calm.

"Kira, darling, who is 'she'?" Ellie asked.

"Take your time, darling… we're here with you…" Mira said, lifting her hand up to her lips and kissing it gently. "We got you…"

"My… my shadow. My other half. The one that comes to the surface when I am drawing from my Fae blood." She shook her head, taking another deep breath. "I had always thought… it might have been just a change in how I think. Fae minds work differently from human, and I thought that was it. But… no, there is a shadow within me. And she wants out."

Ellie nodded in agreement with Mira, but refrained from adding affection for now because sometimes too much affection in compromising moments can be overwhelming. Instead, she focused on being a calming presence. She pondered on the notion of Kira having an additional shadow self, unsure what to think since she was just a regular human. She wondered if what Kira was experiencing was psychological, similar to the voices in her head. [> Hey!! I'm real!!] Again with the realness of her voices… [> Ugh… Well, then, if you don't believe me, then believe her, at least!] Right. There was no way Ellie would know the truth any more than Kira would, so if she believed she had an additional self, there was likely sufficient cause for that… But that still didn't help figure out what to say to help. [> Ask what would happen if her other self were to get out.] She was not entirely sure if it was a helpful thing to ask, but lost for words due to being lost for perspective, Ellie asked anyway. "What do you suppose would happen if your other self were to get out?"

Mira listened closely, trying to understand if this was a 'vision,’ or something 'tangible.’ She was there for assistance if necessary but was just… soaking it in. A 'Shadow Kira'… what did that mean, exactly?

Kira bit her lip. This seemed difficult for her. "Since the beginning of the year, there's been… a bloodlust in me. I took frequent hunting trips to satisfy it. It is a call for the Huntress."

She hesitated. "Not long after Haru and Linna met, they were nearly attacked by some gangsters from Dockside. They went to Earth to hide, and… I retaliated. I killed them all. When that happened, my bloodlust escalated. So… sometimes, I stalk through dockside. I look for slavers. Abusers. People who… hurt kids. Take away free will." She shook her head. "A part of me demanded blood, so I satisfied it with the blood of true monsters." She began to hesitate again. There seemed to be more, but she needed a second.

This might take some processing… [> Does it, though? What she's doing is effectively no different from what the other Knights do.] Ellie supposed that was true, but she put off further thought on that for now, because being a calming presence and listening to her lover was more important at the moment.

This was all information that Mira vaguely knew about—that Kira was doing away with monsters—but the bloodlustthis was new, critical information. She continued to listen as her concern grew… worried that perhaps the staff was not as good of an idea as she thought it'd be…

Kira bit her lip again. "My loves…" She looked at Ellie. "Ellie… I am about to say something… my darkest secret… and I am terrified of the reaction this may cause… but I need to say it…" She looked in Ellie's eyes, a part of her asking for permission to continue. Looking for a sign that Ellie was ready to hear her.

Ellie got the sense that this would be both very difficult for Kira to say and very difficult for her to hear… because of her morality regarding violence. She was scared to ask Kira to continue, partially because she was afraid of her own reaction regarding what she was about to hear. [> Maybe… maybe set your morals aside for a bit?] Set her morals aside? [> This isn't the same as when you had that talk with Mira about her beating the shit out of Droet unnecessarily. Kira is struggling right now. She's struggling with herself and she needs you! Whatever it is she has to say, it's obviously as difficult for her to say it as it's going to be for you to hear. So, you need to be there.] The voice in Ellie's head had never been so… verbose. If she didn't know better, she'd think it was another person, too! [> You don't know better, idiot!] Still, though, she had a point. If Kira wanted to own up to it and admit it, then she wanted to overcome it. So, Ellie took a deep breath, and nodded softly, locking eye contact with Kira.

Kira took a breath. "I have killed… many people. All of them actively hurt people. I have also freed slaves. I have shut down drug markets and underground brothels. I've stopped serial killers. But… that was never the point. All of it… all the death and the killing. It was all to keep my bloodlust at bay. To satisfy the part of me that feels a need to hunt." She was shaking again. "That is partly what I was doing tonight. Haru killed one of his attackers in self-defense. I've… killed all the others. They will never hurt anyone again. And as a result… I know I can go some time without feeling the need to kill. If… she got out, I don't know I could stop her. I don't know if I could ensure the things she hunted deserve it."

She found it so hard to look Ellie in the eyes. She knew she could look to Mira and find both sympathy and comfort, and she longed for that so much. But… she could barely stand the thought of Ellie reacting with revulsion. Of losing a woman she loved with every ounce of her soul, just as much as she loved Mira. She tried to find a place in herself that could prepare for the worst, but… it wasn't there. There was no solace in her. So, she said a silent prayer to Iskira Herself. To any gods or divinities that may hear her.

Mira's heart sank hearing those words from her huntress. She… got it… and she was right! Mira wanted to comfort her… tell her that she didn't care about any of this… that if it was a part of her, the cambion loved it, because she loved Kira. But Mira wasn't typical. Mira knew that… and she knew this wasn't about her. This was about Ellie being supportive. She stayed quiet, still rubbing her thumb over the back of Kira's hand that remained in her grasp.

[> It will be alright.] The imposing voice again… but this time it didn't seem like it was really talking to Ellie. It seemed as if it was there… for someone apart from her? But who else could possibly hear a voice inside her head? [> … Fair enough.]

What Ellie reacted with wasn't revulsion, it was sadness, because her own innate empathy was in overdrive right then. She was looking into the eyes of someone who did not want to be in the position of having to kill to satisfy some sort of other self… who Kira only appeared to have just met tonight. So until now, Kira must have thought that this bloodlust was an innate part of who she was. How difficult must that have been on her? These feelings she must be feeling were complex beyond the ability of words to express them. How could Ellie judge someone in such a position? She couldn't. She wouldn't. So, she pulled Kira into a hug and held her close and tight.

[> Would she be so scared if your morals weren't as they are?] Ellie knew that she was not unreasonable to feel the way she did about violence, and wouldn't entertain any notions otherwise… But it seemed she may have given the impression that her stance was more absolute than it actually was. [> Th… that's fair. I'm sorry. Maybe it wasn't anyone's fault. Maybe she was just… anxious, as we often are.] That could be the case too. She felt horrible about the notion that she might have scared her into thinking she would have abandoned her now. But Kira was struggling more at the moment, so she focused on hugging her and holding her tight.

The embrace was the signal Kira needed. She pulled Ellie closer, holding on to her desperately, relieved to know she was still here for her. Kira took a shuddering breath, and soon after, Ellie would feel moisture on her shoulder where Kira was clung to.

Inside the huntress, a dam had broken. It had all been so much. Everything she’d faced recently pushed her to the point that the façade of the immovable woman had shattered. She sobbed into Ellie, allowing herself to be overwhelmed and taken by the surge of emotion. Better to be washed away here with people who could pull her back than in the Wilds, where she could only spiral alone.

“I’m sorry. Thank you, Ellie. Thank you, both.” She separated, her eyes puffy and cheeks damp. “I’ve… Gods above and below, I’ve faced so much of my past just in the past few days. I have come face to face with who I am, and right now, I feel more naked before the two of you than ever.” She laughed as she freed one hand to tug at her skirt with a laugh that pierced through the tears. She looked at both of them as she spoke, a warm smile threatening to part the veil of emotions on her face. “You have both been here with me in the most difficult trials I have faced in a long time, and I am so, so grateful that you both… gods, thank you. I love you so, so much.” She pulled back into the hug. “More than I can express. You are both my heart.”

Mira smiled weakly and wrapped her arms around the both of them to join in on the hug. This was clearly hard for Kira to talk about… but she was so proud of her for having the strength to talk about it, especially with Ellie. She was proud of Ellie, too, for showing understanding about Kira not necessarily being able to ascribe to traditional human values. It was a learning and growing experience for all of them… one that she wanted to continue sharing for the rest of her life, if possible. "I love you both… I would do anything for either of you. My strength is your strength and vice-versa."

As Ellie felt the moisture on her shoulder, she started to cry too. She couldn't help herself. Her empathy was in overdrive, and she also felt guilty herself for having contributed to such anxiety. "I'm sorry too, Kira. I didn't mean to make it seem like I wouldn't be willing to understand morally complex situations like this. It has to hurt so much for you just to be in this situation without also having to worry about what I think about it! I'm sorry. I'm here to help you get through this. I love you. Both of you!" She was happy for that hug to be upgraded to a group hug, since they all need each other right now. So, she continued to let it go and snuggle into the group hug. [> Hey.] What? [> I'm proud of you.] … Even though it must’ve been silly, the affirmation from some inscrutable part of her psyche did draw out a few extra tears and some extra emotion.

The words steeled her heart enough to pull herself back together. She sniffed and sat back up when the hug separated. “Thank you. And please, I forgive you without reservation. Yes, I was worried about your reaction in particular. And, in part, it is because of your strong morals. But, it was more than that.” She reached out for Mira’s hand. “Our lover has lived through things and has a sense of right that gives her a sympathetic perspective to my… needs. Even if I did not regret them as I do. Most people would not. Most would see me as a… monster…” She almost choked on the word as she spat it out. “And those same people don’t have your strength of character that I admire so. I could not bear for you to think ill of me when a lesser woman would despise me.”

Ellie's eyes finally seemed to be done actively outputting tears once the hug was broken, though she did seem to still have tears in them. "Thank you for your forgiveness and understanding. I cannot bring myself to think ill of you. I think that what, I feel, is closer to concern and worry. It seems to me that your own morality conflicts with what you have been forced to do, and that weighs heavily upon your heart and your soul."

Kira nodded slowly. “I have not always accepted what I do. I’ve had to harden my heart. When James rescued me, we had to defend ourselves many times. When I found those who hurt Haru, I was so terrified of what I’d done and how it made me feel.” She took a deep breath, a gesture she’d picked up from Mira. “After so long, the only way I’ve found to go on is acknowledging how much worse my victims are.”

She sat silent for a brief moment. “Thank you for listening. Both of you. And for your acceptance. If I may change the tone a bit, I… came with a gift. For Mira.”

Mira was crying, too. These recent nights had been hard for her, for all the reasons everyone already knew… And the reminder that they both understood her own history with the Confederacy and how that could color her viewpoints meant they knew her, and loved her. She couldn't help but notice Kira taking that deep breath that she was taught by one of her close Resistance friends and smile… the smile only growing when she was apparently getting a gift?! "You will always find a sympathetic ear with me, Huntress… I love both of you with my all. A present… for me, darling? What did you bring me, love? Don't tell me our son got you to bring *another* cat into my life…!"

Kira shook her head, a smile finding its way back to her face. “No, my gifts are much more practical, I’m afraid.”

She kissed both of her lovers once more before standing. She walked to the island to retrieve the bag she arrived with. “It is traditional for a warlord or Baron at a challenge to represent themselves with a banner. I have a banner I use on my business cards, though I have only just begun dueling in swords, and Haru has a variant of it.”

“There is a banner for the House as a whole, to represent all of it.” She had turned back to walk back to a couch, and she couldn’t help a glance at Ellie with the last comment. She tried to suppress it, but she could not help thinking of Ellie as such, even if only in her heart.

“I thought it would be best to fight under your own banner. So, I had one commissioned.” She pulled a folded piece of black cloth from her back. It was incredibly black, unnaturally so, as though the fibers refused to let go of light, though some folds in the fabric showed some light where a lamp struck it. She handed it to Mira. “It is somewhat large, but it’s meant to be displayed on a pole…”

She unfolded the banner and walked to the center of the open area of the apartment, spreading it out on their purple rug to take it in. "I… I recognize our family sigil… is… is this part… me? The spiky star up here?"

“It is a ‘star of chaos.’ A symbol of discord and rebellion. I saw it on some of the clothing you enjoy and looked it up along with several other symbols. It… felt like it suited you.”

"Damn… that really is me…" she said with a laugh, looking up to her huntress with teary eyes. "I love it… it's an identity… I feel like I was lacking one of those before I got here to Rhy'Din. I… I love it…! I can't wait for everyone to see it on Friday!"

Ellie's eyes were finally starting to actually dry. "Oooh, a present!" She leaned into the kiss Kira delivered her, then watched her walk off to get the present. When Kira gave her that meaningful glance, she blushed a tiny bit and smiled, choosing not to read into it too much. It was a sweet gesture that did no harm, and after all, they were two Squires and a Baron. She helped the ladies unfold the banner, and her eyes sparkled as she beheld it in its full glory! "Whoa! Kira, this is so neat!"

Speaking of Friday, "I'm really looking forward to this! I'll be ready to fight Szuzak if Jackson tries to test." She was still wondering if Szuzak had anything to do with the unpleasant situation aside from being Jackson's Squire. But there were more pleasant things to think about: "Do you have any sort of theme in mind for what our outfits should be?"

"Thanks, Els… I appreciate you being at the ready, but I don't believe Szuzak is planning on stepping up, himself. I think we have a pretty good relationship, he and I, and he gets the bad blood." she said, running her hand down the banner. "Em… I was kind of hoping I could get everyone in matching gothic lolita? I think it's really pretty… and Kira, Wren and I were rocking a coordinated gothic lolita look for the overlord challenge when we were invited to the overlord box suite! We got a ton of compliments!"

Kira’s phone was in her hand, a message sent before checking RhyDinTerest for references. “I shall tell my tailor to expect us soon. It was he who supplied me with the fabric for the banner.” She finished typing. “And, sent. I will go meet with him in the morning.” Her phone was put away. Wherever it went.

“My Loves, I think I may book a light spa day tomorrow. It has been a… trying few days. I am in need of relaxation.”

Return to “Embers of House Adia”