Challenge for PathFinder (Season 2 Episode 1)

The happenings and goings-on out back in the home of the Duel of Fists.

Moderator: Staff

Kruger
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
The Anvil

Challenge for PathFinder (Season 2 Episode 1)

Post by Kruger »

A golem made from aluminium barely 8 inches tall makes it's way through the outback. It's journey goes mostly unnoticed, despite there being a decent crowd, and the fact that the golem was carrying a note on a piece of paper 8"x11". Fortunately for the golem, his name was Charlemagne and he was relatively pretty decked out in gold leaf, there was indeed a spare thumbtack available. Now Charlemagne didn't have thumbs. He had mitts, and that would prove enough to pull free the thumbtack and use it to press into the page he was carrying.

Hello my friend...my rival...my Salvador Delahada!

It is I, The Anvil, and I know that somewhere in the darkest parts of your mind, you detected the movements of my pawns on the chessboard of life. I challenged you back in September, and was thoroughly trounced. I never mind losing, I only mind putting on a horrible show. I hate being booed, Sal. It breaks my soul into tiny shivvers. I know you're aware, because all of Twilight Island has bipartisaned itself apart at my taking of the Tower of Earth. I'll admit, Salvador, my friend, my rival, I never expected to take the key from Cane. I expected to be trounced thoroughly... again. I will also admit that my choice of Cane had more to do with not biting off more than I could chew. I wasn't exactly high in the standings when the opportunity was given to me. I don't know why some people were so surprised by my choices. I am getting off point!

Okay... Sal... In light of my upset of Cane, and since the IFL is now officially over... and that the DQ for the season has been fought and lost by both of us. I need to inform you that... I...Kruger The Anvil Allen, want very badly to be called Mr. TerraMaster, Kruger, The Anvil, Allen. The only thing I lack at the moment is PathFinder. You have it, I wish someone I disliked had it because it would make it feel less icky. However...comma... I Kruger, The Anvil, Keeper of the Tower of Earth, Allen, do hereby challenge you... again for PathFinder.

May it give us both the information we need to continue. I will be TerraMaster!

All my love. Tell Rekah I am thinking about her.

Kruger The Anvil Allen
Ria Graziano
Proven Adventurer
Proven Adventurer

Re: Challenge for PathFinder (Season 2 Episode 1)

Post by Ria Graziano »

Delahada
Expert Adventurer
Expert Adventurer
Deputy Director of Dickery

Post by Delahada »

Yes, Kruger.

If there's any one worthy of taking
this rock from me, it's you.

It better be you. And if not this time,
you'll just have to keep trying.

I accept.

- Sal
Kruger
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
The Anvil

Post by Kruger »

After some discussion, Sal and I have agreed to settle this on January 28th at 9:30 RST. (Eastern)

Officiant to be announced.

Anvil
Kruger
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
The Anvil

Post by Kruger »

I've gotten the band back together for this! Eregor has agreed to call this for us.
Partly Cloudy
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer

Post by Partly Cloudy »

The PathFinder Challenge is being personally catered by Salvador Delahada’s companion, Gatito Lindo.

Ribeye Steak Sandwich
thinly-sliced ribeye, caramelized onions, grilled peppers, havarti cheese, and garlic-horseradish aioli on toasted baguette

Portobello “Cheesesteak” Sandwich
marinated, sautéed portobello mushroom, caramelized onions, mixed peppers, vegan provolone, and vegan garlic aioli on toasted baguette

Italian Sausage Sandwich
grilled Italian sausage, grilled onions and bell peppers, hot banana peppers, and guests’ favored condiments on a toasted hoagie roll

Waffle Fries
  • Simple: with flaky sea salt
  • Cheesy: with mixed cheese sauce and optional jalapeños
  • Loaded: with chopped bacon, shredded cheddar, sour cream, and chives
Badsider Battered Veggies
deep-fried broccoli, red bell pepper, green beans, onion rings, button mushrooms, and more served with creamy ranch or zesty Cajun dipping sauces

Street Corn
grilled ears of corn coated in mayo and crema and topped with cotija cheese, chipotle chili powder, and fresh cilantro, served with lime wedges

Jalapeño Poppers
baked, halved jalapeños stuffed with cream cheese, cheddar, bacon, and chives and topped with panko bread crumbs served with a creamy ranch dipping sauce

Popcorn
  • Brown butter: lots of brown butter and flaky sea salt
  • Garlic herb: garlic-infused vegan butter, Herbes de Provence, and flaky sea salt
  • Maple crunch: brown butter-maple caramel, toasted pecans, and a little flaky sea salt

Apple Hand Pies
flaky pastry filled with juicy Granny Smith and Pink Lady apples, warming spices, and brown sugar, topped with a little coarse sugar and served with salted caramel sauce

Rockslide Brownies
fudgy dark chocolate brownies topped with brownie “nuggets,” milk chocolate chips, salted caramel sauce, and toasted pecans

Ice Cream Sundae Bar
featuring vanilla, chocolate, and caramel ripple ice creams
plus toasted nuts, sprinkles, hot fudge, fruit compotes, and more for topping

Death By Morning
Vieux Pontarlier absinthe, Branca Menta, coffee liqueur, freshly brewed espresso, Angostura bitters, Demerara sugar, and a little sea salt, garnished with a mint sprig

Bourbon & Cola Slush
Jim Beam bourbon, frozen cola, and ice blended together until slushy, garnished with a maraschino cherry

Frozen Apple No-garita
sparkling apple juice, Ritual Zero-Proof tequila alternative, agave nectar, and lime juice blended with ice, garnished with a salt or sugar rim, a slice of fresh apple and fresh lime (non-alcoholic)

Plus lots of beer, soda, and iced tea.

All chocolate items are made with a special variety of chocolate that is safe and suitable for those allergic or otherwise sensitive to regular chocolate.
Eregor
Seasoned Adventurer
Seasoned Adventurer
"You Traitorous Cur"

Post by Eregor »

Tonight we saw the Anvil vs. the Spaniard in an exciting challenge for Pathfinder!

The first match opened with a Leg Day trade, then settled into a gain-and-tie back and forth, with a few breather rounds, until the excitement peaked with a double-score in round 8 taking them to Sudden Death, followed by a fakeout from Kruger to win in round 9.

Ring Nightshade: Kruger vs Delahada in a dof duel. Begin when ready!
Ring Nightshade 1: Everybody scores! (LS / LS | 1 - 1, Kruger and Delahada.)
Ring Nightshade 2: No action this round. (HK / FeFL | 1 - 1, Kruger and Delahada.)
Ring Nightshade 3: Kruger scores! (SP / FAB | 2 - 1, Kruger leads.)
Ring Nightshade 4: Delahada scores! (FL / LS | 2 - 2, Delahada and Kruger.)
Ring Nightshade 5: Kruger scores! (FDU / JB | 3 - 2, Kruger leads.)
Ring Nightshade 6: No action this round. (JK / JK | 3 - 2, Kruger leads.)
Ring Nightshade 7: Delahada scores! (CH / FDO | 3 - 3, Kruger and Delahada.)
Ring Nightshade 8: Everybody scores! (LS / LS | 4 - 4, Delahada and Kruger.)
Ring Nightshade 9: Kruger scores! (FeFL / FDU | 5 - 4, Kruger leads.)

FINAL: Kruger def. Delahada, 5 - 4 in 9 rounds. - dof

With one round down and elimination from the challenge pending, a massive cage was lowered from above to envelop the ring and turn it into a elimination chamber, a crucible to forge a victor.

Kruger got an early lead in this match, but Sal came in strong, matching his challenger point for point before tying it up at 3 in round 4. The trades continued into Sudden Death once again, and then Double Sudden Death before the Anvil treated his fans to a classic Krugey Krater to win the match and the challenge!

Ring Guardian: Kruger vs Delahada in a dof duel. Begin when ready!
Ring Guardian 1: Kruger scores! (FDO / JB | 1 - 0, Kruger leads.)
Ring Guardian 2: Everybody scores! (SN / SN | 2 - 1, Kruger leads.)
Ring Guardian 3: Everybody scores! (JB / JB | 3 - 2, Kruger leads.)
Ring Guardian 4: Delahada scores! (UC / LS | 3 - 3, Delahada and Kruger.)
Ring Guardian 5: Everybody scores! (CH / JB | 4 - 4, Delahada and Kruger.)
Ring Guardian 6: No action this round. (FDO / FAB | 4 - 4, Delahada and Kruger.)
Ring Guardian 7: Everybody scores! (LS / LS | 5 - 5, Kruger and Delahada.)
Ring Guardian 8: Kruger scores! (FL / FAB | 6 - 5, Kruger leads.)

FINAL: Kruger def. Delahada, 6 - 5 in 8 rounds. - dof

Congratulations, Kruger! Well-held, Sal!

Return to “The Outback”